PURPOSE: To enhance Sunday worship for families with small children by coordinating inviting, dependable nursery care during church service(s) and other church programs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to the Pastor as Head of Staff. He/She is an employee of the church, hired by the Personnel Commission in consultation with the Pastor.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Coordinate care for children brought to the nursery and rooms 1-3 on Sunday Morning, Wednesday Evening and when needed for special events.
1. Recruit and maintain a roster of childcare workers and schedule for duty in nursery and rooms 1-3 to assist the coordinator as needed.
2. Conduct orientation/training anytime a child care worker works for the first time.
3. Oversee work of other child care workers; review and sign time cards of those getting paid.
4. Keep the nursery and rooms 1-3 in a safe, clean and orderly condition. Report any concerns to the Pastor.
5. Assess the quality of care in each room and make recommendations to enhance our childcare procedures and program.
EVALUATION: Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Pastor under the direction of the Session through the Personnel Commission. The Personnel Commission will annually review the adequacy of compensation.
Specific Requirements for Child Care Coordinator/Provider: Must be 21 or older. Must have experience caring for children, either in a daycare, preschool, or in a position with similar responsibilities, or caring for family members (as a mom/dad/older sibling, etc.)Willing to undergo background check. Possess a general knowledge of universal precautions and first aid.
Resumes/applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 5, 2009 Reviewed May 2017